Monday, November 28, 2011

Week Recap 11/28 & Eye Exam

Weeks run Monday through Sunday. Days that aren't listed are no-spend days. This is what happened last week:

Thursday 11/24:
$15.33 bread and drinks for parents' house

Friday 11/25:
$6.28 grocery + dinner

Saturday 11/26:
$280.22 car insurance
$109.00 eye doctor. Still have to go back and place an order for contacts, but since the brand of contacts I was using got recalled about two months ago, they put me on a different prescription and I have to wait and see if they are comfortable/fitting enough. So far, so good. We're switching insurance carriers next year, so I will get glasses with the new insurance at some point in January. I just need a pair of backup glasses for when my eyes are tired/irritated. When I do place an order (probably for a 6mo supply), it will only be about $40 after the insurance kicks in. Not terribly bad, I think. A year's worth was something like $170, so there was no way in heck I'm going with that option. These new contacts are much more expensive than my old ones. Meh.

Oh, and I did complete my EF on Friday. Yes, I am mighty proud about it too. Is it odd that I had a bad dream of some check bouncing from my checking account and taking about $400 from my savings account? I hope not.

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I knew you could do it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's strange the dreams we have isn't it? That's how important the $$ is to you - even though you have things under control your self-conscious continues to worry about it. Don't fret - it's totally normal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was just odd to have such a dream. I don't usually dream about money, but I guess I've been obsessing about my EF too much recently. Time to kick back a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I've been having some strange dreams lately as well when it comes to finances. Mine have been more car related with things I will have to pay for but thankfully so far they have just been dreams/nightmares. I don't think you have to worry about it though.

    ReplyDelete