Monday, December 16, 2013

And so we get to judgment day

This weekend came and went. And judgement day came and went. I am surprised I was able to sleep at all last night. But I woke up this morning, did more testing, gathered my materials and left. Got to the testing site at 10am, and my exam wasnt until 1pm. I just didn't want to risk being late or something stupid. I've worked too hard to get to this point.

So I go in, just about have an anxiety fit, go through airport-security type clearance, get through and the test starts. 3hrs for 175 questions. About 1.02 per question. Complicated, long winded, tricky question with four multiple choice answers that make sense but not really, and are very similar to one another, but not really. Questions where you miss 1 word (like I almost did a few times), and it changes the WHOLE question. Few wrong or right answers, most are just better or worse than the rest. What a cruel bunch!

By the time I got down to 10 seconds, I was finishing some reviews. I submitted it at 5 seconds. I was ending this thing on my terms and not theirs, and that's my story! Then the screen went blank. It came back, and it was loading something. Loading, loading... "want to take a survey?" Uhh, NO! Then more loading, and then I get to this:

I PASSED! I wasn't sure if I wanted to pass out or just cry right there and there. But trying to keep my professionalism, I walked to the lobby, where the girl told me she was glad and surprised I passed, as so many do not (well, yeah, about 51% of those that take this test do fail!). I just walked outside very slowly and sat in my car for about 5min. I get to claim my life back! I get to actually THINK about stuff again, and not just using my flashcards and listening to the audio tapes! Woo hoo!

So, against my better judgement and with a completely cloudy mind, I went straight back home. I was supposed to do some "shopping", but in that state? No thanks! 

The best part is, when I get home, I am faced with this:

A package from Sluggy! Sweet! I love presents! And after that ordeal, I think the timing was planned!

It was full of all sorts of goodies, including a baking kit. Will I dare to get close to the oven to bake me some snickerdoodle cookies? Not in the next few days. I dont think I will be able to hold down solid food for the next 2-3 days! But I definitely shall. Maybe next weekend, when I have more of my head put together. For now, I am way overdue a 14hr nap, so I'll get started.

Thanks Sluggy, for a prize package! And thanks to everyone else who encouraged me through this tedious process. I am so glad it's over, but I have a lot to do in the next coming days (like goals, ahem), so I will be posting once I get my strengths back up. Night night! 

12 comments:

  1. Sleep well you earned it. I hope you know we are all really proud of you :) Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  2. CCCOOONNNGGGRRRAAATTTUUULLLAAATTTIIIOOONNNSSS!!!!!!!!!! This is the best news all week! Your hard work has paid off in spades! I am so happy for you. You will get your land lubber legs back very soon.

    Sluggy is so wonderful, too! So nice of her to think of you!

    Yeah, I'm almost crying with joy! This topped off a really good week for me, and makes up for another not so happy blogger's experience this week.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wohoo!! Congratulations!!! And what a perfect timing for the package :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!!! Very happy for you! You worked so hard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Why is that test so hard to pass?? I used to work in HR consulting and always found it to be one of the easier areas in business, as long as you know SAP you are good.

    HS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job! I knew you would pass.

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats! That's a big deal! I can't wait to finish grad school. I'm sure you'llbe so happy to have your life back :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! *Imagine me Saying this like Buddy the Elf*

    Go Tanner, Go Tanner, Go Tanner......*do NOT imagine me dancing hip-hop style to this.

    And I didn't think that box was going to arrive before Xmas for awhile there. I've been tracking it on the internet and the PO sent it halfway across the country before figuring out it was going from PA to a nearby state, not Michigan! lolz

    8-))

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATS!!! YIPPE, YAHOO!!! :-) So happy for you! All of your studying paid off.........BIG TIME! You don't have to take it over again......like many of them!!! CELEBRATE, pat yourself on the back!! Heck, I'm gonna have a beer for you right now!! :-)

    ReplyDelete