This year is already making me nervous. The more I look at my goals, the more it seems I may have to forfeit one or two. But worrying has never done anyone any good, so I'll do the best I can.
I've started January as my first cash-only month. I withdrawed $100 of my $160 allowance, and have gone grocery shopping twice. I think I'll be a-ok.
Now, onto additional income:
1) Who knew you could return unused, unopened contact lenses for a credit? I didn't! I returned 3 out of 8 boxes I bought December 2011 because my prescription changed. They're giving me a credit of $58 in the next two weeks! It's going to my CC1, and I think I'll just apply it as a payment, since I wont need more contact lenses until the spring/summer.
2) Part time work! My pay there will take a big hit (increased retirement deductions, increased taxes and W4 changes from 1 to 0 withholding). However, I worked this past Saturday for about 7 hours, and I'm scheduled to be in this coming Saturday for another 7hrs. This is very unusual that I'd be working this early in the year, since normally the "slow season" extends through late March where there are no hours for part time people. I'm grateful for any hours I can get, even if it's just a few. (Estimated at about $130 total)
3) This one isn't due until the end of February, but I have a $24 rebate coming that will most likely be applied as a snowflake somewhere.
1) Was referred to a dermatologist by my doctor, and that's going to be $50 a visit. Not happy, but my appointment is on February, along with another follow up. No worries, I'm alright. Just have to get something checked since my doctor couldn't figure it out.
2) My laptop mouse is agonizing. I can do without the mouse, but I much prefer using one. That's not expensive at all... about $20, but I don't want to spend that now.
3) Not due anytime soon, but I really need to start thinking about fixing the car's windows. I don't want to get to 95 degree weather and have 1 working window. I know, who's thinking about 90 degree weather in January?
4) Replacing my phone is a big, big big want of mine. I will know more of the costs of this once February drops by, and if I can't afford to replace it, then I may go for something different.
One week in January down, 4 to go.