Friday, March 22, 2013

Feel like I'm throwing it all away

Going to my parents' for fun vs just crashing in for work is really, really killing me. And my budget. Most if not all of my shortages started just about the time my mother went back to our country, so it was just my dad and I at home.

Normally (read: when my mother's there), I'd go to their house after working my part time job and stay the night. Friday night or Saturday night. If I was particularly unlucky, I'd go there Friday night and have to spend Sat morning at their place. But then I'd leave Sunday before noon and move along.

Now with my mother not there, I go Friday after work, cook dinner and hang out until Sunday night, even if I'm only working Sat night. But because they really don't keep a lot of edible foods besides canned soup, spaghetti and rice and eggs, I end up buying food. And buying food for a family with the budget of half a single person sucks.

Spending time with my dad is something that is very important to me. It's become such a rare occurrence, and bound to become more and more rare. I'm still paying for the whole thing myself, without borrowing money from other funds (or getting in debt, which is NOT an option), so it's not like I'm being irresponsible. It's just not following my paper plans.

Sad to say, I'm kind of glad she's coming back at some mysterious point in April. For once, my budget will be happy to see her.

First day of Spring came and went with the coldest temperatures since early January. What a great start! At least the sun is shining.

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Tanner don't struggle with this too much. You have a plan and you will execute it (and you have been executing it). Twenty years from now, will it matter if it took you two extra months to get it done? Enjoy your time with your father because that will matter to you later on. (And I'm pretty sure it matters to him now.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time with your father and don't beat yourself up. I would give anything to have my dad back for a just a little while. Enjoy your time with him without your mother

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand how you feel. You have everything set on paper and then other things happen to throw you off course. And I HATE being thrown off course. But the Baroness and j udy have good advice - time with your dad far outweighs to financial losses. And it sounds like it won't be for too much longer if your mom comes back in April. I guess this is one of those "suck it up" situations. You'll catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that exact feeling when you aren't using money irresponsibly but you know that it isn't on your plans. Your reason is an excellent reason though so don't worry to much about it. Enjoy your time with your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do not regret this time with your father, even if it costs you. Someday you will look back and really cherish this.

    ReplyDelete