Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Is April almost gone? Already?

I really enjoy reading about other people's daily lives, and it makes me somewhat ashamed I don't really share a whole lot.

One of the reasons I don't is because it would either sound like a very long string of whining, or I'd put a sickenly sweet sugar-coat on it and finish it off with rainbows and flowers. Though I myself like rainbows and flowers, that's not the point. I'll try to find some middle ground to give you a window. Or a completely vague post like the one below that covers absolutely nothing. But I digress.

I think this will also help, because for a while there I got burned out of talking straight about my finances. If I say so myself, besides the mishaps thanks to my family, my finances are pretty much in cruise control, and the double checking numbers becomes kind of tedious. I'll still do it, just not as frequent.

So what's going on with me... I've been enjoying some of these:

I really like the spring, though it has made it impossible to wear contact lenses with so much pollen. We havent gotten out of High Pollen Warning since the cold weather left. Good thing my glasses are still in one piece.

I've also been working on my dearest. Yeah, she is a laptop. I went through 4 days of full time fixing her. I lost all of my data I'm not a very happy camper. But she's back and running! I still wish she hadn't died. 


Other than that, I'm still pretty busy at work, which is good. I havent made any purchases of note.

As I had mentioned previously, I'm looking at my timelines again. And yeah, I am looking at the job market over where I want to move in, and it's not a bad market. I've found a few jobs I could apply to and be a great candidate at, but it would be staying within the same level, or be a step below where I currently am. I would love to find a company with SOME mobility, which my current company offers none of.

Dont get me wrong! I love my job. It gets boring, monotonous, repetitive and a bit tiring at times, but I still like doing what I am doing, so I am not looking to switch jobs. At least, not until I move.

April is almost gone, people! For those of you dealing with Financial Aid, 5 more days! I hear the deadline is May 1st. My co-worker is dealing with all that FAFSA fun, so best of luck to you all.

What fun and exciting things are you guys expecting during May? I am looking forward to less pollen, more nice weather, and hopefully some fun events as my half brother prepares to ship back to CA at the end of his schooling.

8 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I often feel like all I do is whine and complain about my problems on my blog. And I hope you find a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me that I need to back up my laptop in case anything happens to it. How scary losing everything.

    Good luck with the job hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that you're are trying to talk about your life. And yes, I wish that you would share more. Number(s) talk make my head spin.
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tanner: I don't usually have much of a plan when I sit down to post - it just sort of flows. I probably share too much personal stuff, I don't know. I just let my fingers do the talking. Just do what you're comfortable with.
    My birthday is in May and I've book a beautiful B&B for the weekend in Niagara Falls. I can't wait - it's going to be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too enjoy about reading bout people's lives. And numbers, and successes and progress :) We have a little getaway planned for mid-May. I can't wait! Really need some change of scenery!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For May, we've got graduation for the Princess and hopefully really good FAFSA news. I hope I've done everything right! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear ya! I am in a rut right now because we haven't made much progress finance wise (mostly due to my husband being out of work for a month). So I feel like I have nothing to write about! We all go through phases though, and when I feel a rut, I just back from blogging for a bit until I get inspired again :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's already May as I am leaving this comment but I'm hoping for a pretty smooth May. It started with a bump that was covered by what I can only call fate.

    P is coming home this month for good so that's exciting in it's own aspects, I am also still considering that loan even though I know everyone is against it.

    I enjoy reading about everyone else's lives as well. Post what you feel like Tanner, I enjoy them all, whether they are celebrations or problems. If I can comment with an opinion that can help, I will happily do so.

    I think Newlyweds hit the rut thing on the head, that's exactly how I feel sometimes and that is the best way to handle it.

    Post for you Tanner and I will always continue to read.

    ReplyDelete